Kids Corner… Fun Foods Fast!
Recipes from the Weed’s Orchard Apple Festival
Fun Deserts in a Flash
- Core and slice a Granny Smith or similar apple into ¼ inch slices
- Make a standard pancake batter (I use Bisquick), make it a little stiff
- In a large tall sided sauté pan, place about 1 inch of canola or light vegetable oil. Heat it to 370 degrees and maintain this temperature
- Dip the apple slices into the batter and gently place them in the oil. Don’t move them until they are brown around the edges, then flip them only once when they are brown on the bottom. Remove them when they are golden brown
- Place them on a plate over a double layer of paper towels to drain.
- Dust them with confectioner’s sugar and serve when warm. A shot of whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, yogurt or gelato also works as a side.